Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving I went home as usual. Home being, Key West...where I was born & raised. The break was a good one & a bit sad at the same time.

Good...ate pretty well, considering...Thanksgiving...hello! Ate what I wanted, stopped when I was full. Ate pecan pie (my fav). I'm pretty proud of myself overall. Wasn't deprived & didn't overdo. And good, also, because I was able to spend time with my family.

Bit sad...as I look at pics of myself I have come to the realization that I have wasted 13 years being fat. No, not over-weight....fat. There you go...the ugly truth, I've said it. Okay, I've said it, but I'm still not putting any pics of me up in my fat suit. Why have I allowed this to happen to myself? Why have I not cared about ME enough to take control? I'm not sure. I have no real answer for myself. I can just tell you it feels depressing and it...well...sucks. Before I met my husband I ate well, exercised a lot because skinny has never been "natural" for me. Then I let my life go. Gave it to my husband, my children, or whatever. No good excuses, really, just sad...depressing. I could have lived for them & got fit for me...but I didn't...crap!

But...here's the thing. I can be depressed for the rest of my life OR I can take control & begin to live as I truly want, healthy & free! I want to be happy. I want to be around for my kids (eventually grandkids) for a very long time. I want to be fit and feel great about myself...inside & out! I am very lucky to have family that LOVE me unconditionally. But this is for ME! I have
to do this for me. So, there you have it. A bit depressing, yet full of hope...my life. I have, especially in the few months or so, resolved to get myself together. I am changing inside & out! That was the reason for the change to my blog's name.

This is my Project Me...Project Carla! Yay! I think in the future when I have pics I'd be happy to put up, I might also put up the ones I am hiding from you now so you can see the difference. It will happen. There will be a new me soon, actually the change has already begun.

I am a bit nervous about my weigh-in on December 1st, considering Thanksgiving just passed AND I haven't been able to run ('cause of my stupid knee injury), but I can tell you this, no matter what the results are, I AM FINISHING THIS PROJECT! I will see it through. I will NOT give up. Visit often & you will see. Join me, comment, support, cheer! Stick around, good things are going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment